Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Weeks 11-13 ish June 17th

I’m pregnant. I’m only a few weeks along, so it’s still a ‘secret’ or something. I’m recording these thoughts so that I can remember them clearly and share them with you later.

Let's see, what have we missed?

When we left off, I was peeing into receptacles all day so I could store it in a jug.(I recently learned that this is fairly common for hypertensive pregnancies. I think any woman that experienced this and didn't share the fact with me in advance is a traitor to the sisterhood.) I can pretty much guarantee that none of you had the same rocking start to your Memorial Day weekend. Still awaiting the results of this deeply vital test where you don't get the results for over two weeks. (I know that they've been lost. I'm sure of it. I'm going to have to do this again, and probably soon. I'm just refusing to think about it now.)

I was also gearing up to meet the emergency doc. Before I did that, I had an appointment with a different, more sane doctor from my practice. I can probably work with him. He doesn't seem as prone to fainting as the previous doctor, and he actually managed to acknowledge that there is very little wrong with me (beyond my recurring nightmares about Cosmo buying the National Mall and my general cantankerous nature).

The super emergency doc was a little amused by me. (Which, let me be honest, is the best way to deal with me. If you clearly find me charming, I'll work much harder to maintain a good relationship with you. I'm a walking ego glued together by swear words, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.)

Bottom line: I have to take a bunch more tests and have a few more doctor appointments. So far everything's good. Oh wait! I also had to buy a blood pressure machine and test my blood pressure twice a day. So far we're up to 6 tests of my person a day. This making it fun to do things like function and leave the house. Love, love, love a challenge.

I also had another sonogram (part of my pre-screening stuff) and this was super fun because the little nugget would not stop dancing! Leg wiggles, arm wiggles, somersaults, I saw it all. All of the pictures are garbage, but what a fun way to spend an afternoon. My next chapter in these chronicles will cover more about theoretical babies, and not my own. Things are never quiet around here.

Things I need to figure out before the baby comes:

1. Is my whole house a choking hazard?
2. Do I need to spend the next four months doing every home improvement project that I've been putting off? Will I ever have time for that stuff again?
3. It's pretty much time to start throwing things out, isn't it? I need to free up space for things I can't yet identify.

No comments: