Thursday, October 8, 2009

An introduction, of sorts

I wanted to start a blog about my 30s. The crazy, odd blog I had my 20s was fun, but I lacked the discipline to keep it up. I meant to start a new one just after my birthday in August, but I never found the time. I figured I could talk about the flag football team I joined, and politics, and some pop culture, and the books I'm reading, maybe some stuff about being a UU....standard blog shit I suppose. Then I blew out my knee, so I won't be playing football for a while. The same day that I found out the specifics on my knee (torn ACL for the second time, possibly PCL, possibly meniscus tear) husband came home and told me he had cancer. And that I had to start writing again....

I'm not going to write a blog about fucking cancer.

At least not entirely.

I will touch on it, as it is currently touching me. I have a lot to say, and I'm rusty. This blog may suck for a while. It may be ENTIRELY about cancer for a while... It may be about anything BUT cancer for a while. The only thing I can guarantee is that there will be lots and lots of swearing.

That's all for now.



2 comments:

Jane Doe said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's diagnosis. I'll pray for you and him. Not sure what else I can do from afar, but I'm always here if you need it. Love to you!

Mr. Miazga said...

Maybe you'll inspire me to get back into it. I'll be reading.